How to Pray Effectively and Experience God
By Warren David Horak
Have your ever wondered and longed to have a God encounter every day? Imagine being able to pray effectively and experience God each and every day of your life. You will now learn how to pray effectively
This guideline will help take the simple biblical steps to experience God. It is very much like breathing.
God loves you and wants you to experience Him everyday. He wants to touch you and change you and release His goodness in your life.
So many believers are covered in guilt knowing they should pray, but not really knowing how to pray in an effective way.
You can download the guideline over here – How to Pray Effectively and Experience God
There are other tools that you need when you use the Divine Encounter. You can click these links to download them for your prayer time.
When God taught me how to pray this is the guideline He gave me, it has helped me so much. God has used it to change my life and many others as we have learnt to encounter God in a whole new way.
Guidelines to the Hour of Power
This is your divine invitation to encounter God like never before. I am so excited to introduce you to a very powerful way of praying & connecting with God through His Spirit & by His word according to the pattern He has given us in His word of His Tabernacle.
The Lord is using this tool to radically change people’s lives, through divine encounter. The purpose of the Hour of Power is to teach you biblical steps of divine encounter that will transform your prayer life into an awesome time of encounter with His glory and power. Each Hour of Power (HoP) you will enter His presence and go from glory to glory and be transformed from glory to glory.
His will for us is abundant life.
To experience this abundant life we need to be vitally connected and stay connected with His glory & His power each day. Out ultimate calling is to know God. John 17:3
Why do we need to pray?
Prayer is the way we receive His grace, power, love & life that we need to keep us on the narrow path of life. We see that if we don’t pray we will fall into sin when we are tempted. (See Matt 26:40-41; Luke 21:34-36). God gives His grace to the humble, as we humble ourselves in prayer His grace abounds to us Jms 4:6.To be found faithful to the end we need to have consistent powerful prayer life.
What is the aim of prayer?
Our aim is to learn to walk and abide in Him, His glory & rest 24/7 John 15:4-7.To see His glory & be changed into His image from glory to glory – 2 Corinthians 3:18 To draw near to Him & to get to know the Lord & fellowship with Him, learning to hear His voice & follow Him.
This is our special time with our Abba Father & our beloved King Jesus & Holy Spirit to get to know God & hear His voice, not as a law, but because we love Him & need Him so much.
We can measure our success in life by how much closer we are to the Lord- Jer 9:23-24 & by how much more we love God & others – 1 John 2:5;3:16;4:8;5:2.
How long do we need to pray?
Then He came to the disciples and found them sleeping, and said to Peter, “What! Could you not watch with Me one hour? 41 Watch and pray, lest you enter into temptation. The spirit indeed is willing, but the flesh is weak.” Matt 26:40-41.
Jesus asked His disciples why they could not at least pray an hour with Him.
We don’t have to start with a full hour, just grow day by day as He gives us grace to pray.
Making it our aim to spend an Hour of Power or even more with Jesus each day. We may just start with a few minutes & slowly build up to more and more time with Him, as we receive more grace to connect with Him in His glory.
This will happen as you encounter His power & glory. The question is, how thirsty are you for Him? How deep do you want to go? There is a river of life, do you want to go up to your, ankles? knees? waist? or over your head? in Him see Ezek 47:1-5. Do you want more? Our flesh doesn’t want to pray, but we need to overcome our flesh & walk in the Spirit, we do this by spending time in His glory. His glory first changes us, then those around us.
Prayer is not boring, but is the most exciting time of our day, as we meet with the creator of the universe. The HoP is designed to change your prayer time into the most exciting & dynamic time of your day.
The more time you have the more you can do and deeper you can go into His glory. The ultimate aim is to abide in His power & glory 24/7 as we walk with Him in our callings and jobs each day. That we will end each day with more glory, than we started with. From glory to glory 2 Cor 3:7-18.
How do we pray?
Focus on staying in the flow of His presence getting connected to Him, use each point as He leads you & refer to scriptures as He directs, eat only as much as you need then move on to the next point, you don’t have to finish every point, go as far and as deep as you can in the time you have. Allow Him to lead you through the document.
If you loose His presence/anointing then ask Him to take you back into His presence, you might have to go back a few steps.
The main thing is to do what pleases Him to enter & abide in His rest & His manifest presence.
Jesus your High Priest washes your Past, Present and Future
Holy Spirit is the One Who brings you to your High Priest in heaven. Jesus your faithful High Priest is waiting for you to come so that He can minister to you, which gives you deeper access to the realms of heaven and glory.
Take time now and allow Jesus your High Priest, to wash, heal, restore and glorify you through His righteous blood and works of the cross. This ministry happens in heaven each time we come to Him by the power of Holy Spirit. This is the greatest glory of our inheritance while on earth, to be able access and enter in heaven at any time we desire. To find out more how this works you can read this article and see how all of heaven responds when you draw near to Him in heaven.
This is why Jesus could spend whole nights of prayer with His Father while He was on earth. It was not a religious labour, but it was His delight and reward at the end of a hard day’s ministry. To be with His Father in heaven and abide in His glory was and is Jesus’ deepest desire.
When you get this revelation deep within your spirit and soul it will completely revolutionise your prayer life into the most exciting and glorious time of your life.
Jesus is both the door to the Kingdom and the High Priest of heaven. Who waits for you to enter in boldly by His grace and blood.
Seeing then that we have a great High Priest who has passed through the heavens, Jesus the Son of God, let us hold fast our confession. 15 For we do not have a High Priest who cannot sympathize with our weaknesses, but was in all points tempted as we are, yet without sin. 16 Let us therefore come boldly to the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy and find grace to help in time of need. Hebrews 4:14-16
Therefore, brethren, having boldness to enter the Holiest by the blood of Jesus, 20 by a new and living way which He consecrated for us, through the veil, that is, His flesh, 21 and having a High Priest over the house of God, 22 let us draw near with a true heart in full assurance of faith, having our hearts sprinkled from an evil conscience and our bodies washed with pure water. Hebrews 10:19-22
The process of prayer – spiritual breathing:
Each step is a biblical step based on scripture, which really pleases Him J; giving you power each day. This is spiritual breathing; we first breathe out in surrender, this tears & removes the veils of flesh from us so we can behold Him. Then we breathe all of Him in, this is His glory and fullness. Then we breathe His glory out in ministry to Him & then to others.
If you only have limited time then focus on the three main functions of HoP – Surrender – Infilling – Loving Him.
The process of prayer – the heart transplant.
The main thing that stops us praying & connecting with Him are the blockages/veils in our hearts. The HoP is designed to help us to identify & remove the blockages/veils from our hearts, so we can flow in powerful dynamic encounter.
Each time we meet with Him, He first removes our stony heart/veils & then gives us Father’s Heart of flesh; this is the heavenly heart transplant Ezek36:26-27.
Day by day we get transformed as we receive more of Him and less of us. For those who want to go deeper into His heart and be set free from major strongholds and blockages, you can use the Heart to heart partnership with Jesus chart, this tool will help you get counsel directly from the Lord and be set free and overcome major mountains in your life.
How to use this document – Hour of power
You can use this condensed version of the HoP of the expanded version in the Divine Encounter document.
You can use the points you need, as the Holy Spirit teaches you to pray and proclaim helping you effectively use this tool to climb His Mountain.
The key is to be led by the Holy Spirit & follow His leading, anointing and presence. The HoP is a heavenly feast for you to enjoy, as the Lord directs you.
You don’t have to finish all the points each time, there is no condemnation. The order is important as it designed to help you to approach His Throne as laid out in the Tabernacle pattern – Heb 9-10 breathe. Going from glory to glory.
You don’t have to rigidly follow each & every point and scripture, they are written as a guide. Eat and drink as much as you need from each point, then move on to the next so that you can get to TPW, which is breathing out – loving God.
Loving God is our Thanks, Praise & Worship – TPW. It is important that we get to TPW each day as this is where we will get our breakthrough. Feel free to add your own points and scriptures to the HoP.
The focus is your diving encounter with Him, not your performance; the process is designed to help you breathe in and breathe out, which is true prayer and connection with Him.
The process is really simple, we empty ourselves each day, drink Him in and then breathe Him out in thanks, praise, worship, prayer and service in our daily walks.
This is not a ritual, but is to help you connect to His power.
The Hour of Power is not meant to replace your own prayers or words, it is a guideline designed to ignite your heart with each key point that you focus on.
You will also notice the anointing shift from one area or point to another point, from day to day, the Holy Spirit is always moving. Always focus on staying in the flow of His power, presence & anointing.
We need to aim at going deeper into His glory each day we meet with Him, as there are different dimensions of His glory. From glory to glory!!!!
Notes on each major points and stages:
There are seven major points or stages in the HoP. I would like to comment briefly on each one.
1. Preparation stage:
The enemy will do anything to distract you this is the time to get ready and focused for your meeting with the King of Kings. Set a certain time aside each day for Him. Don’t allow distractions in to steal this time.
2. Opening prayer:
This is important to set our hearts and environment in the right place. This is the preparation of our hearts and focus for this awesome time with our King.
3. Emptying ourselves –- Breathe out
The process of spiritual breathing needs to continue for the rest of our day.
Enjoy the Lords Presence and Love
The Hour of Power
CONDENSED – Prayer Guideline
- Wake up. Awake oh sleeper; arise from your sleep. Seek Him first thing each day. Ps 27:4; Psalm 63:1-2 O God, You are my God; Early will I seek You; My soul thirsts for You; My flesh longs for You In a dry and thirsty land Where there is no water. 2 So I have looked for You in the sanctuary, To see Your power and Your glory. (All scripture references are from the NKJV)
- Clear the deck & be prepared: This is the most important meeting & time of your life. Don’t allow distractions or interruptions in this time, close the door, switch phones off, inform your family. Keep focused on Him – Matt 6:5-6.Have your, Bible, pen, Prayer Journal, Work Book, diary, Heart to Heart Partnership with Jesus chart, Prayer list, the Sword of the Spirit (SoS), your Memorial stones & your Eternal Plan documents ready. If you need any of these documents please contact us.
2. Opening Prayer
Commit this time to Jesus & He will establish your thinking Prov 16:3
- Come with a high level of faith & expectancy – Heb 11:6. Now dedicate your Hour of Power to the Lord
- Remove the enemy: I now bind & resist the spirits of fear, intimidation, unbelief, doubt, hesitation, confusion, mocking, discouragement, jealousy, lust, pride, perversity, divination, jezebel & witchcraft. I command these spirits to leave this property in Jesus name. Mk3:27;Mt18:18
- Ask Abba to fill your house with His manifest presence as His dwelling place Is 4:2-6;66:1-2; Jn14:23
- Seal the house: Ask Father to close the enemies, eyes, ears, shut his mouth Ps8:2; to seal the house with the blood of Jesus, a wall of fire & for His angels to encamp around you. Zec 2:5; Ps 34:7;31:20
- Focus on pleasing the Father & Jesus in everything you do, listen to His voice – Jn 8:29;10:3-5. Help me to love & hunger for the whole truth, more than my own life 2 Thes 2:10; Ps 119:160. Help me to love You in truth, by obeying all Your commandments Jesus – John 14:15; 15:10. Set my heart on fire for You & Your house seal my heart with Your love that I may love You more than my own life – SS 8:6-7; Matt 22:37-40, Lk 24:32; Jn 17:26;2:17; Ps27:4 You are my One thing! Ps 16:8
- His mercy seat: Entering His manifest Presence, through His blood & by true repentance
3. Emptying ourselves – Surrender stony heart – Breathe Out
Entering His Kingdom Rest
We enter His presence, through the blood of Jesus Heb 10:19-23;4:16. Each sin is a veil that needs to be removed, so we can see Him – 2 Cor3:16-18. We apply His blood through confessing our sins & forgiving others of their sin & walking in the light Acts3:19;Matt6:14-15;1Jn1:5-10. Ask the Lord to show you the deceitfulness of your heart, self justification & sin; Jer 17:9-10; Ps 139:23-24; 19:12-14; 24:3-6; Matt 15:18-19. Ask Him for godly sorrow & grace for these sins, so you can turn from them – 2Cor7:8-11; Col3:5-17; Eph4:22 Prepare for communion 1Cor11:27-32. Believe & receive your forgiveness His mercy 1Jn1:9;Is1:18;Heb8:12;Ps103:2-5,11-14;Mic7:18-19;Lam3:22-26
- Have Communion: The Body and the blood of the new agreement with Jesus. We eat & drink His life giving flesh & blood; 1 Cor11:23-26;Jn6:47-58,63 through meditating on & receiving His blood(milk) forgiveness, life & the word of righteousness(His flesh) He makes you righteous Heb5:12-13. Receive His Robe of righteousness Is61:10-11;2Cor5:17, 21;Rom3:25;Gal5:5-6; 1Pet2:24;Is53:5; this causes us to abide in Him, who is life Jn6:56;Rev 12:11
- Preserve our walk: Father, as sin increases in this time, so Your grace will increase to keep me on Your holy highway. Keep my heart blameless towards You, sanctify & set me apart from the spirit of the world. Deliver me from temptation & lead me not into evil & keep me from secret sins Matt 6:13, Jn17:15. Keep me from lust of the flesh & eyes 1 Jn2:16; 1 Pet 2:11 – related to food, alcohol, drugs, immorality etc. & the lust of the eyes ( looking with lust at people, immoral pictures, programmes, movies, articles & all forms of covetousness i.e. lusting after things Job 31:1). Set a guard over my eyes gates & ear gates, keep me free from all compromise Ps 119:36.Help me to focus on that which brings life Col 3:1-2; Phil4:8. Keep a guard over my mouth Ps 39:1 & help me only speak what brings forth life from a heart of love and truth – Eph 4:29; Ps 17:3 141:3; 19:14; James 3:2; Eph 5:4.
- Total Surrender – Humbling ourselves *SoS Rom12:1-2;Matt5:3-5;18:1-4;Ps 131;Jms4:7-12;Is 30:15a. Now surrender to Him, all we are & have with joy 2Cor9:7. Surrender all to Jesus, start with the eight rooms & gates (your will) of our heart: Beliefs (All beliefs & thoughts), motives, emotions, spirit, body, relationships, material world (finances & things) & circumstances. Eternal Plan, daily tasks. Cast ALL your cares/anxieties/stress/fears on Him 1Pet 5:6-7; Mat11:25-30 Trust Him now! Prv3:5-6. (If you can’t break through, go to your heart to heart chart & open a mountain on the thing you are worrying about now) Forget your past, Embrace the new Is43:18-19,Phil3:13-14 My flesh/old sinful nature was killed ±2000 years ago Rom6:5-14 sin has no power over me. I deny myself/flesh, take up my cross daily & follow You Luke 9:23. You are LORD! Now resist satan: as he is defeated & has no power over you Col1:10,Heb2:14 speak & stand against him Jm4:7;2Cor10:3-6
4. The infilling: Spirit & Word – Breathe In
Receiving Father’s Heart 2Cor 3:17; Heb4:16
Believe His will for you is Abundant Life – more of Him, less of me – Jn 10:10; 3:30; 17:3. We need to be filled with the fullness of God Eph3:19 receive Father’s Heart all of Him Eze36:26-27. Time of divine impartation/abiding, to become like Jesus Ps 17:15; Jude 24; 1 Jn4:17; Rom 8:28-29; Gal4:19; Jn15:1-7
- Receive the Spirit of Jesus Christ: Phil 1:19 Invite Jesus through the eight gates of your heart, as in point 3.4 Ps24:7-10 We are His dwelling place Jn4:20-23;Is57:15;Eph2:21-22 See Jesus changing & delivering you. He changes you from glory to glory as we behold His glory; into His image – 2 Cor 3:17-18;4:6;Col3:1-3; Heb 9:11; Eph 2:19-21; Lord, come into my heart, help me to believe that You are changing me to be like You, making Yourself great in my eyes, Lord increase my love for You 1000 times Deut30:6. Only You can change me, I cannot change myself or others.Phil1:6;2:13;Jude 24
- Look at Jesus’ face: J focus only on Him & receive His glory & presence 2Cor4:6;Heb 4:14-16;12:2
- Father’s Heart of Love: Receive the Spirit of Adoption & Sonship; experience thoughts &feelings of Fathers’ unconditional Love for you. Receive the depth & length of His great love. Put on the robe of Sonship. He never only killed the fatted calf, but His son for us, so we can be His sons. Love each person on your knees let His love flow through you to each one who hurt you. Ps139:16-18,Rm5:5;8:14-17;28-39;Gal4:6-7;Jn14:6-11;17:3,20-26;1Cor13:4-8
- Filling of the Holy Spirit: We need to be filled with all the different anointings of the Holy Spirit, His fullness to do our jobs Zec4:6;Eph3:19;5:18 Acts 10:38;Is 10:27 Tap in by praying in tongues
- Receive the baptism, in the fire & resurrection power Acts1:8;2:1-5;Phl3:10; Lk3:16;Rom8:11
- Receive the Seven Spirits of God. Receive fresh oil Ps 92:10 & fire, for the Menorah, the seven blazing torches that are to burn within us 24/7 Ex 27:20; Rev 1:4;4:5; 5:6; Jn 14:17; Is 11:2-3 – The Spirit of the Lord, Wisdom, Understanding, Counsel, Might, Knowledge, Fear of the Lord
- Receive the nine Fruit of the Spirit Galatians 5:22-23 – His 9 Fruit = His Love, Joy, Peace, Longsuffering, Kindness, Goodness, Faithfulness (Faith), Gentleness (Meekness), Self-control.
- Receive the nine Gifts of the Holy Spirit – 1 Cor 12:8-11 – 9 Gifts = Word of wisdom, Word of knowledge, Faith, Healings, Working of miracles, Prophecy, Discerning of spirits, Different kinds of tongues, Interpretation of tongues. So that I can give these gifts to others J Acts 20:35 J
- Receive the Spirit of Grace, Truth, Liberty & Life -Heb 10:29;John14:17;2 Cor 3:17,Rom 8:1-11
- Receive the Spirit of Comfort, Help, Holiness -Acts 9:31; Jn14:16; Rom 1:4; 15:16; 2Thes 2:13
- Receive the Spirit of Intercession & Spirit of Obedience & Glory – Rom 8:26; 1 Pet 1:2,22;4:13
- Receive the Spirit of Worship & sound mind Jn 4:23; 2 Cor 4:13; 2 Tim1:7; 1Cor 2:16; Jude 20
- Make sure all your armour is on: Eph6:10-18;4:23-24;Rom13:12-14; 1 Thes5:8 Put on & receive each part of the armour of light, through revelation & impartation. His righteousness is the key to life.
- Heart to heart with Jesus chart: See heart to heart chart document, to overcome your mountains.
- Filling with His Word – drink from the river of life, the revelation of Jesus Rev 22:1-3 Pray for revelation & understanding through the Holy Spirit your teacher – 1John2:27; Ephesians 1:17-18. Do a word study on a topic God shows you. Read one Bible chapter per day. Proverb a day, Psalms, 1Cor 13
- Proclamations: Take up your position on the Rock(Word of God) with your personal SoS in the areas of blockage, make your proclamations in faith with thanksgiving & loud praises. Pr 18:21 Death and life are in the power of the tongue, And those who love it will eat its fruit. Rom10:10,17; Mark 11:23.
5. Loving God: Breathe out
Giving Him ALL our love back with a joyful heart Dt6:5; 2Cor9:7
If we give Him an acceptable sacrifice He will send His fire to consume it. TPW with ALL our beings Ps9:1
- T-Thanksgiving: Enter His gates – Ps100:4a. Thank Him for all that He has done for you, Heb13:15-16 for all the blessings natural & spiritual.Ps107:21-22;Eph1:3 Thank Him for your trials. Eph 5:20;Rm 8:28;2Thes5:18. For His promises to you Heb10:23;11:11. Salvation Lk10:10 Rejoice always Phil 4:4
- P-Praise: Enter His courts Ps100:4b.We magnify & glorify God with spirit, soul & body with shouts, clapping, song & dance. As we become thankful & filled with faith in Him concerning His promises to us, we are ready to release true praise, now let’s shout Loud PRAISE THE LORD! Lk19:37-40; Ps47:1
- W-Worship: We adore Him & sing & minister to Him in the beauty of holiness. Not words about Him, but words to Him, to His Heart. Give Him 7 things Rev5:12 ALL the glory!! Songs of love to our Beloved King Jesus & Heavenly Father. We are created to worship Him John4:23-24;Rev 4;5:9-14 This is a time to give Him love & receive His love. Intimacy is the Key to His heart. Song of Sol 1:2-3; 2:10,14; Psalm 2:12; 45:11, Worship with new songs or psalms etc. Psalm 33:1-3; 100:2-4.
6. Watch and see what Jesus is doing: Breathe In
John 5:19b “Most assuredly, I say to you, the Son can do nothing of Himself, but what He sees the Father do; for whatever He does, the Son also does in like manner.
John14:10-11 Be still & know Him. Wait on Him, see what Jesus is doing in each step of your day, journal what you see & hear. Is 40:31
Pray over what Jesus shows you, write it down in your journal & Eternal plan & do it. Hab 2:2-3
7. Praying Always With All Prayer & Supplication (PAWAPS): Breathe Out
Eph 6:17-18 –
Pray through your own prayer list:
Come to His throne of grace for mercy Heb4:16 Rom9:16 Pray over your Work Book (daily to do list, project plans) & diary; now walk it through with Jesus. Let your requests be known-Phil 4:6-7;Jam1:6-8;Heb11:6 Love & bless your enemies on your knees Matt5:44.
Pray the word of God & the Lords prayer Matt6:9-14 an important pattern for prayer.
Pray the powerful Apostolic prayers over yourself & others Phil1:9-11; Col1:9-11; Eph1:16-23; 3:14-21; 1Thes5:23-24. Pray for & loose point 4d (His fullness) over your family, disciples, friends, ministry teams, Church, Body of Christ, city, province, nation, continent.
Pray for righteousness & justice for the leaders in government, Church, business, media, education & health.1Tim2:1 Therefore I exhort first of all that supplications, prayers, intercessions, and giving of thanks be made for all men,
Pray for Israel:
The salvation & protection of all Israel/Jews, the Peace of Jerusalem. Rom9-11, Ps122:6, Is19:19-25.
Pray for Lost to be saved. 2Pet3:9. Pray in tongues as much as you can during your day as this weapon destroys the devils kingdom. 1Cor14:18; Rom8:26-27. Allow the Holy Spirit to lead you in intercession as He wills.
Now Abide in Him & release His heart of love to others
Please leave your comments below as you experience the Lord.
If you have any questions concerning prayer feel free to ask below in the comments section.